FOI Request: Surrey RCMP
ATI Request: Surrey RCMP
Keanen Tregaskis
11956 Woodridge Crescent
Delta, BC V4E 3H5
keanen.tregaskis@email.kpu.ca
(604)-690-0541
Monday, October 24th
Access to Information Coordinator
RCMP
73 Leikin Drive, Ottawa, ON. K1A 0R2
(613)-993-7267
To whom it may concern,
Under the Access to Information and Protection of Privacy Act, I request that you provide me with:
- A spreadsheet in data format detailing the speeding tickets, along with the times, locations and speeds of the vehicles of where these tickets were given out in the city of Surrey between the dates of January 1st, 2022 and October 24th, 2022.
If possible, please provide me with a emailed copy of the spreadsheet, in an electronic format at keanen.tregaskis@email.kpu.ca
If you have any questions or concerns about my request, please reach me through phone at (604)-690-0541.
Please inform me when this material has been emailed to me.
Sincerely,
Keanen Tregaskis
Explanation for Request:
I have chosen to do my ATI request toward's the Surrey RCMP, regarding the speeding tickets that they give out in the city, along with the times and locations that the most speeding tickets are given out. My reasoning for this is due to the fact that I am constantly driving throughout the city of Surrey, during all times of the day so I figured it would be an adequate thing to figure out. I drive through Surrey, just about every day during the week to get to my classes at KPU, which are all at different times so I find this information useful to see if there are days that I am coming to school that more speeding tickets are given out, along with if these tickets correspond with the time that I am either en route to school or leaving and heading home for the day. Along with that, I find it very frustrating to see people drive past me well above the speed limit, as I notice that the people who do this often end up cutting me off as well so it would be helpful to figure out if there are streets within Surrey that speeding is reported on more. As I stated above, I chose this area due to the fact that it would be most useful to me along with the curiosity to see what areas of Surrey are most prone to these types of tickets.
The ATI page on the RCMP' website did not have a name for their ATI coordinator so I had no one to make it out to. Instead, the website led my to an online form for where I was to write out my ATI request and then submit to them here
Relevant Articles:
Hey Keanen, I really like how you used this FOI as something you can use to your advantage in your personal life. Not saying you should speed on days when speeding tickets are not handed out as much but it is funny and creative how you had a problem with driving into Surrey and you used your FOI as something to combat that problem.
ReplyDeleteI really found your request to be intresting and unique. Also i feel that by this one foi a lot of information would be available that can be used for journalism as well as personal use. Its really common issue these days but yet very few talks about it.
ReplyDelete